Saturday, September 13, 2008

For the love of Timmy

A few weeks ago David came across a video for "Shaun the Sheep," a claymation cartoon about some cute and clever farm animals. Created by the minds behind Wallace & Grommit, Shaun has been airing on TV in the UK for a few years and is now played by the Disney channel here in the US. Several episodes are available on DVD - for those in the UK. DVDs playable in the US are expected in November.

Why am I telling you all this? Because Shaun the Sheep and one of its characters in particular have become something of an obsession to David and I in the past week. We are head-over-hooves in love with little Timmy, the pacifier-sucking, teddy-toting baby of the flock. This particular video clip tugs at David's heartstrings just as much as it does mine:


In addition to watching this clip at least once a day, David and I have enjoyed doing impressions for one another. Yesterday he even distracted me with those big eyes and a plaintive bleat while I was having my blood drawn at the OB clinic. Awww!

How do people come up with this kind of stuff? Do they try several different versions of characters and mannerisms and submit them to a group for feedback? A panel of cute-ologists? If so, count me in!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I can't believe you two dorks! How silly!

I love you anyway, Mom

PS. Okay, Timmy is a bit cute ;)