Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Grandmother's Passion



My grandmother did an amazing job handing down the faith to her family. As the matriarch on my mother's side, she handed down valuable traditions and truths of Our Lord through the Church. My own mother followed suit and now Frances and I are continuing the transmission of faith with the guidance of Holy Mother Church.

In the past months, my grandmother, Rose Goss Robinson, has been in and out of the hospital going through difficult inpatient stays. In the last few weeks, she didn't get to go home as she bounced from the hospital to a nursing home and back.

Currently, she's in an ICU and they're not giving her much time to live. She suffers from infections, pain, a large regimen of medication, and being in an ICU. The Catholic Church teaches that God lives in every soul and He is present in our suffering. I know He's with my grandmother, consoling her through these difficult moments.

I ask for prayers for my grandmother that the grace which pours from His Sacred Heart through the Immaculate Heart of Mary may fill the cup of my grandmother's soul and grant her the peace that has been promised to all of God's children. I also ask for prayers for our family who love her very much.

St. Ann, pray for us.

1 comment:

Hummingbirder said...

I'll be praying for her. You're blessed to have a saintly grandmother!