Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Teresa's Bible

I try to read the daily reflection in The Word Among Us (and the day's scripture passages, when I can) while I eat my breakfast. Teresa often wanted to leaf through the booklet and/or my bible. While I've certainly let her see the booklet when I'm not actively reading it (although it's not very interesting for her, since it has few pictures), I do not want her to tear the delicate pages of my bible (or get her messy breakfast fingers on them!).

So I told her "no, it's Mama's bible," a time or two. Then she started demanding "Teresa's bible!" We have a few versions of children's bibles (mostly collections of stories with illustrations), and I remembered a particularly large one that would probably stay open when laid on the table. So I got it for her and told her she could look through it when she was done eating.

Much to my delight, this has become a regular request. Teresa enjoys browsing through the illustrations and telling me about them...especially the "singing angels!" in the nativity story, the bride and groom at the wedding at Cana, and the "hurt" man (the one helped by the Good Samaritan) who needs "mecimin" (as she pronounces "medicine").

2 comments:

Katherine T. Lauer said...

Oh, I just love that. Wonderful!

Meghan said...

Oh how precious!