I've been CVSing for a few months now, with guidance from MoneySavingMom and her commentors. This week I met with some success, so I thought I'd take a moment to share. I nabbed:
- 1 blood glucose monitor (to donate)
- 2 Colgate toothpastes (to donate - I already have 10 or so stockpiled)
- 2 Benefiber chewables (to donate)
- 2 Arm & Hammer Sensitive laundry detergent (a favorite of mine)
- 1 Johnson's Buddies soap (to throw in the baby box - for shower gifts, donations, or, perhaps, a future baby of our own)
- 6 cute gift bags (to give as a gift or to contain gifts I give)
- 1 bag of organic potting soil (for me to try to growing something on our apartment balcony - it doesn't hurt to try!)
Total after coupons: $35
ECBs used: $27
Cash paid: $8
ECBs back: $35
All that stuff and I "broke even." Now I just need to find a way to use large ECBs (1 $15 and 2 $10) in future transactions.
Check out others' Super Saving Saturdays displays!