Friday, January 29, 2010

Post-nap Teresa talks to her blankie

Teresa has a lovey: a beautiful, soft, hand-knit blanket with tassles on three sides (isn't that clever, to leave one side un-tassled so they don't get in one's face?). The blanket (a shower gift from a friend of my parents) used to hang over the top of my glider, aka "the nursing chair". Starting when she was only a couple months old, sweet little Teresa would reach out and stroke it behind my back while she nursed. She especially loved those tassles.

Eventually I took the pink blanket off the glider and hung it over the side of Teresa's crib. Several times I discovered that she had pulled it down so she could cuddle with it. Then I started laying it over her as soon as I put her down to sleep. She immediately grasps it with both hands and rubs it on her face. She likes to poke her fingers through the little holes in the knitting.

For two months or more, Teresa has been taking one long nap in the early afternoon (2-3 hours). She usually wakes up very gentle and happy, and she doesn't always call or cry out right away. I LOVE peeking in on her and observing her at play in her crib. Yesterday I captured the experience on video. You may need to turn up your volume to hear her cooing to her blankie - but don't turn it up too high or it will sound like I'm shouting when I start talking. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'll have to tell Jackie how much her gift is appreciated!