Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thanks to our Grandparents and Parents


Today the Church celebrates the Feasts of St. Titus and St. Timothy. In the first reading, St. Paul, who knew St. Timothy personally, remarked on the faith of his grandmother, Lois:

"...as I recall your sincere faith that first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and that I am confident lives also in you." (2 Tim 1:5)

The deposit of faith safe-guarded by the Church is fostered by family from one generation to the next. I am so grateful for the faith of my grandparents Rose, Murl, Sam, and Marie, who passed it on to my parents. It's also good to see Memere, Pepere, and Mrs Rita filled with the Lord's joy, which they have passed down to their children and then to Frances.

While Frances and I have chosen to receive faith as a gift from the Lord, it is encouraging, hopeful, and peaceful knowing that it's part of our families' heritage. We look forward to any suggestions to help bear fruit in Teresa and any more children the Lord blesses us with.

Photo Credit: www.traditioninaction.org

1 comment:

Diane said...

And Grandpa Stone was a very good influence, too ;)