Thursday, November 4, 2010

12 weeks pregnant

I haven't been much of a blogger in the past year or two, so I rarely post information in a timely manner. I'm much more likely to use Facebook to share news. It's not likely I'll become a regular blogger again, but this week - why not?

Yes, I'm pregnant! I'm due mid-May 2011. This time around I don't get an ultrasound until 18-20 weeks, so all I have to show for this pregnancy is the positive home test. Ta da!


The test confirmed our blessing on September 7th. I had my first OB appointment at 8 weeks (nothing too interesting) and my second appointment on Tuesday (at 12 weeks). I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is always a joy. My nausea has been about the same as it was with my last pregnancy, starting around 6 weeks and just now starting to subside (I hope). I don't get sick, but I feel ill and headachy and have no desire to eat until the afternoon. I don't get too exhausted, but that's probably because I'm blessed to get about 8 hours of sleep most nights and a little nap several times a week (while Teresa naps). It's SO NICE to be home this time, rather than slogging through my work in an office. :D


Here's an interesting tidbit about the pregnancy test: it cost me 20 cents. Sure beats $9, right? At Katherine's suggestion, I checked online for cheap pregnancy test strips. When you're not sure about your return of fertility and might want to use several tests before one comes back positive, it's good to get them at a low cost. I discovered several packages up for bid/sale on eBay, including a set of 5 for 99 cents - with free shipping! I snatched them up and waited for them to arrive in the mail - from Hong Kong. Nothing fancy, but they work. I had one negative one (previous cycle) before this positive one.

6 comments:

Cierra said...

Whoa! Congrats! I haven't been here in a couple of months, but I'm glad I was today :-) Have you talked to Lindsay? If not, you may want to :-)

Robina said...

Congrats!! Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.

Shannon said...

I'm been waiting for this announcement! I just had a sense that this news is around the corner... How wonderful!!! PRAISE GOD!

Sarah H. Wood said...

Interesting about the pregnancy test. I was wondering why it looked so "clinical." :)

I buy them at the dollar store. But I never knew they could be had for 20 cents!

Even if you don't become a regular blogger again (which I totally understand!), I always love reading your blog posts. I feel like FB is a little hit or miss, b/c if you don't check frequently, you can miss something, and I don't understand how it chooses which statuses to show in the main news feed. ::shrug::

Meghan said...

How wonderful!!! And, my goodness, 12 weeks already- how fantastic. Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!!!

Katherine T. Lauer said...

Aren't those cheap pregnancy tests the best?! Sure beats the $10 EACH tests you buy at the grocery store.