Sunday, March 16, 2008

Banana Nut Muffins


We like muffins for their size, nutrition, portability, and freezability. We keep some in the freezer at all times as grab-and-go snacks. They're one of my favorite mid-morning energizers for work. I whipped up a batch yesterday, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you today.

Banana Nut Muffins
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick; use wrapper to grease muffin cups)
3/4 cup brown sugar (though regular will work if you don't have brown)
2 eggs
2 big bananas, mashed (I almost always use defrosted bananas from my freezer)
1 cup chopped walnuts (I use our food processor to give them a whirl)

I just mix everything together in a big bowl, in any order. I use an ice cream scoop to portion the muffin batter into 12 cups.

20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Ready to bake.


I ate one. Yum!

No comments: