Monday, March 30, 2009

It's a beautiful day

and I'm grateful to God for it. This morning for breakfast David made me the insides of breakfast burritos (since I can't have tortillas right now): potatoes, sausage, and eggs with salsa. We also skipped the sour cream and cheese, of course.

Then I went to Massage Envy for my first ever professional massage. It was David's surprise birthday gift for me. What made it even more special is that David used the points he'd earned by getting an employee award from the hospital (he got a lot of WOW cards in January - both patients and coworkers recognized his good work) to request a Massage Envy gift card. He turned his reward into a gift for me! Isn't that nice?! The massage experience was just what I expected: calming. My masseuse worked on the knots in my upper back and released some of the tension I had in my neck and shoulders from nursing and carrying Teresa. Sweet.

For lunch David made us chili with rice. It was a filling meal - I guess I'm not going to waste away after all!

Tonight we are going to Sushi 101. I missed sushi my whole pregnancy (well, I did get California rolls from Costco once - yum! - but they weren't the eel rolls I've come to love!). So when David asked me where I wanted to go out to eat for my birthday, it was the first thing that came to mind. And it will be doable on my elimination diet! Fish, rice, seaweed, ginger...the only things I can't enjoy are the salted edamame and the soy sauce. Oh well.

And though I'd really like a big, fat piece of chocolate cake for dessert, strawberries and Cool Whip will still be a treat. :) (UPDATE: Cool Whip contains milk in the form of casein. Boo! So I just had strawberries in sugar.)



So far Teresa's been sleeping a lot and fussing only a little when she's awake. Very good!

3 comments:

Katherine T. Lauer said...

Happy birthday! What a fabulous day. A professional massage must have been heaven on earth! I love David's creativity and self-sacrifice to get you that otherwise expensive gift.

*carrie* said...

Hooray! What nice birthday gifts, Frances.

Shannon said...

happy happy birthday (belated!!) you sweet mama!
i've been thinking about you.