Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Teresa the candle snuffer

I got David a nice candle snuffer for Christmas since he is fond of lighting a taper candle for prayer and I am fearful of hot wax blown onto altar coverings. Teresa was very interested in learning how to use the snuffer and David graciously coached her until she can do it quite well herself. In this video it takes her a few tries to get the flame extinguished, but she usually gets it right away.



Did you catch what she says at the end, complete with sign language (the only sign we still do with her, who knows why?!): "All done praying!" This phrase is usually either cried (when she wants us to stop praying or doesn't want to participate) or said with jubilation (when we are actually done praying). Oh well!

1 comment:

Katherine T. Lauer said...

John loves candle snuffers! And I have distinct memories from childhood of how much I loved my dad's candle snuffer.